Connect with us

News

CDC: New York epidemic has nothing to do with China

Published

on

Centers for disease control and prevention
CDC: New York epidemic has nothing to do with China.

The CDC issued a report on the 17th, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a report that as early as February 2nd, Trump hastily issued a ban on Chinese tourists, but did not announce the entry restrictions on European countries until March 13, but by March 8th, the new coronavirus had long since begun to spread in New York City communities. In addition, the report reveals a finding that the strain popular in New York City has nothing to do with Wuhan, China. In response to the report, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the virus had spread to New York City because of the government’s response to the epidemic, killing so many Americans.

Centers for disease control and prevention report
CDC Report

The sequence from March 2, 2020, (the earliest positive sentinel specimen collected) clustered with early sequences from Europe and United States (Group B), which also cluster with sequences from China. No sentinel sequences were directly connected to sequences from Wuhan, China, where the outbreak originated. This was unanticipated, given that most sentinel EDs were used by patients residing in ZIP codes with a high proportion of Chinese speakers. Rather, the sequence analysis suggests probable introductions of SARS-CoV-2 from Europe, from other U.S. locations, and local introductions from within New York. Domestic airport screening and bans on foreign nationals traveling from China were implemented on February 2;*** however, similar travel restrictions from the Schengen Area in Europe were only implemented March 13.††† Although travel restrictions are an important mitigation strategy, by the time the European restrictions were implemented, importation and community transmission of SARS-CoV-2 had already occurred in NYC.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928a5.htm?s_cid=mm6928a5_w

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

News

The U.S. and Russia reach an agreement on extending the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty

Published

on

On January 26, US President Biden had a telephone conversation with Russian President Putin for the first time after taking office. The Russian Kremlin stated that the two sides agreed to extend the arms control agreement “New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty,” and the US White House also said that the two sides will work on extending the treaty.

Russian Satellite News Agency quoted the Kremlin News Service on the 26th as saying that Putin and Biden reached an agreement on extending the “New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty” during a telephone conversation. The source said: “In the near future, both parties will complete all necessary procedures to ensure that this important international mechanism for mutual restriction of nuclear weapons continues to take effect.”

Reuters reported on the 26th that the White House did not immediately confirm the Kremlin’s statement. However, the White House issued a statement saying that the leaders of the United States and Russia agreed to let their working groups urgently start work on the extension of the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty.

The United States and Russia signed the “New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty” in 2010, which aims to limit the number of strategic nuclear warheads and delivery vehicles deployed by the two countries. After the US-Russia “China-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty” expired in 2019, the “New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty” became the only arms control treaty between the two countries. The treaty will expire on February 5, 2021, but the validity of the treaty can be negotiated between the two countries It will be extended at most 5 years later. In 2020, the United States and Russia launched several rounds of negotiations on the extension of the treaty. In October of that year, the two sides proposed to extend the treaty for one year but ultimately failed to finalize the details.

Continue Reading

News

U.S. COVID-19 patient dies hours after vaccination

Published

on

A person infected with the new coronavirus in California, USA, died a few hours after being vaccinated with the new coronavirus on the 21st. The cause of death has not been identified, and it is not clear whether the deceased was vaccinated with Modena or Pfizer.

According to Fox News, the Placer County Sheriff’s Office in California announced on Saturday (23rd) that a resident who tested positive for the new coronavirus in December 2020 will be vaccinated on January 21, 2021. Received the vaccine, but died a few hours later.

The sheriff’s office said that at present, many local, state, and federal agencies are actively investigating the case. It is too early to talk about the cause of death, and the results of the investigation are still pending.

According to the report, it is still unclear whether the vaccine for the deceased was Moderna or Pfizer.

According to previous reports, a report issued by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on the 22nd showed that as of January 10, a total of 4,041,396 people in the United States had received the first dose of the covid vaccine developed by Modena in the United States, and a total of 1,266 cases of adverse effects were reported Reaction events (adverse reaction rate is about 0.03%), including 10 allergic reactions. Previously, the center reported that as of December 23, 2020, a total of 1,893,360 people in the United States had received the first dose of Pfizer’s covid vaccine, and a total of 4,393 adverse events were reported, including 21 allergic reactions.

According to data from Johns Hopkins University, in the past month, an average of 423 people died of new coronavirus every day in California. The state has currently recorded 36,362 deaths.

Continue Reading

News

Legendary American host Larry King dies at the age of 87

Published

on

On January 23, American legendary host Larry King (Larry King) passed away at the age of 87.

His son Chance confirmed the news on Saturday morning. Larry King’s official Facebook page also published an obituary.

As early as January 2 this year, foreign media reported that Larry King was diagnosed with the new crown virus and was sent to the hospital for treatment. It is reported that he had been hospitalized for more than a week at the time, and his family members were not allowed to visit because he was in isolation. The source said: “Larry has struggled with many health problems in the past few years, and this time he is also fighting hard.”​​​​

Larry King is a well-known host in the United States and won the Peabody Award. He is the first talk show host with a worldwide reputation. He has interviewed celebrities and presidents from all walks of life during his half-century career And other journalists.

He has hosted the Larry King Live for 25 years and is the most-watched show on CNN. In June 2010, Larry King announced that he would withdraw from CNN in the fall of that year. In February 2012, Larry King officially ended his job at CNN.

In recent decades, he has been plagued by health problems, suffering from a variety of underlying diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, and lung cancer.

Continue Reading

Trending